Saturday 25 August 2012

When the cat's Away...

The finished product!
The mouse comes out to play! 

Hey All!  Ms. Bumble here.  My hubby is off and running this weekend on a football adventure down to the states with his brother so I am here, with my trusty kitty, for the weekend!  And what a weekend!  The Peterborough Folk Festival is this weekend and that is always a good time:  music, food, artisans, and community love!  I can't wait to get out there and Folk it up!  (If you live in or around Peterborough and didn't know this was happening, check them out at http://ptbofolkfest.com/  and then come on out!  Great family event.)

Before I take off for a weekend of play, I thought I might have just enough time to share this great little dinner idea I had last night:  Smoked-Paprika Tempeh rolled into a Mexican-Inspired Wrap! 

All I did was pan "fry" (in a dry pan) crumbled up Tempeh with about 2 tsp of smoked paprika, a dash of salt, some chopped onion, and some thinly sliced tomatoes!  I cooked that up while my GF corn tortillas we thawing under a broiler.  When the tortillas were warm and flexible, I added some Daiya Pepper-jack "cheese" shreds, the tempeh mixture and put it back under the broiler for a minute or two.  I topped it with some salsa, but I wish I had had some guacamole! MMMMM Guac!  That would have been decadent, for sure!  As it was, I was well satisfied and happy to use us some left overs before heading to the Farmer's Market today!

Try it yourself, any variation would work!  Have a great weekend and we'll see you next week!

 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment