Friday 1 June 2012

"Clumps", Brownies, and Carrot Cake: Oh My!

Planning ahead when doing a "big bake" is CRUCIAL! 

Some things really must be prepared the day of, but--fortunately--some things are better once they have had the chance to settle and mature for a day!
Brownies, "clumps", and carrot cake are three such things. Easily stored and even frozen these were
the first things to get checked off of my list! 

Chocolate-Coconut-Cranberry "Clumps"
Pumpkin Spice "Clumps"


















"Clumps" (so-named by a good friend on a cottaging weekend) are my version of mini-scones! Mystery solved for those of you who were wondering what the heck they are!  I have made three types of clump for the Round Table: Potato Rosemary, Chocolate-Coconut-Cranberry, and Pumpkin Spice!  Stop on by and taste one-- bet you leave with a bag!

While I was cutting the brownies, one of them was "un-even" so, of course, I had to straighten it out.... BAM!  I am so glad I did because I can confidently say that these may be the best brownies I have EVER made-- and that is saying a lot since I have been baking since the age of "knee-high to a grasshopper". 

Here are some photos to tantalize your tastebuds and motivate you to come out and see me this Sunday at the Round Table Artisan and Craft Show!




[Round Table will be held at The Parkhill on Hunter, 180 Hunter St W., Peterborough Sunday, June 3rd from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and again Monday, June 4th from 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.)
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment